June 26th, 2012, 8:00 am · · posted by Nancy Luna, Staff Writer
Taco Bell?s new Cantina Bell menu, featuring rice-stuffed burritos and bowls, launches nationwide July 5.
Orange County Taco Bell franchisee Steve Smith is graciously offering to preview the new meals with a select number of Fast Food Maven fans on Monday, July 2. As you recall, Smith hosted 25 Fast Food Maven readers and their guests for a ?sneak eat? of Doritos Locos Tacos in March.
Next up is Cantina Bell, likely one of the most ambitious new product lines for Irvine-based Taco Bell. The menu has been compared to Chipotle Mexican Grill as it contains upscale fresh-Mex ingredients such as seasoned white rice.
The Cantina Bell Menu Preview will be held at a Taco Bell in Fountain Valley during dinner. (The exact time and address will be revealed to winners.)
Guests (25 winners plus one guest) will get an exclusive first taste of the Cantina Bell menu. We will try both items: The bowl, and a smaller version of the burrito. Chips/Salsa/Guacamole will be provided.
Here?s how to enter:
Answer the following questions correctly, and email them to Nancy Luna at email@example.com. I will randomly pick 25 winners by noon Friday, June 29. Subject: Cantina Bell Contest
1. Name the five new ingredients Taco Bell is introducing on the Cantina Bell menu.
2. What is the name of the chef that developed Cantina Bell for Taco Bell?
3. What item was eliminated from the final Cantina Bell menu after testing?
Stumped? All answers can be found reading my previous coverage of Cantina Bell.
- Social Media Day 2012 will be held June 29 at The Register
- June 27 Maven Meet Up at the OC Fair Food Truck After Dark event